Pages

Monday, June 09, 2014

Improvising Patterns and Button-Up Coffee Cozy

Hey guys! I know I just recently posted, but I just finished my first improvised project, and I'd like to share some tips for improvising and my own improvised pattern.

Tips for Improvising

  • It's OK to loosely base your pattern on somebody else's...but give them credit if you copy more than about 50% of their ideas!
  • It's OK to mess up!
  • Make sure you really know the stitches you are planning to use
  • Make sure you have all your equipment
  • Even if you see something on the web that's similar to your design, it's OK to take credit for yours...IF it is yours and yours alone!

Button-Up Coffee Cozy
This is a great gift for dad. I used Impeccable Ombres (see my Ravelry stash for more details on that yarn) and a wood button to create a masculine look for my dad.
KEY
My improvised pattern!!!
Ch-chain, Sc- single crochet, Sc2tog- single crochet 2 stitches together, st- stitches
Beginning
  1. Ch 3.
  2. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 more sc
  3. Ch 1, turn. Sc 2 in each existing sc.
  4. Ch 1, turn. Sc in each existing sc.
  5. Ch 1, turn. 2 sc in first sc, sc to end of row, 2 sc in end stitch
  6. Ch 1 turn. Sc in each existing sc.
  7. CH 1, turn. 2 sc in first sc, sc to end of row, 2 sc in end stitch
  8. Continue until your row is 14 sc across.
Main Section
  1. Ch 3, turn. Sc to end of row.
  2. Sc approximately 30 rows or until desired length is achieved (remember we still have to decrease down to a point again.)
Ending
  1. Sc2tog at beginning of row, sc to last 2 st, sc2tog.
  2. Continue alternating between a decreasing row and a row that stays the same number of sts until. you have only 2 sts left.
The Button
  1. Cut a long tail of yarn at end of project.
  2. Use tail from beginning of project and yarn needle to thread a button and secure it.
  3. Use end tail to create a loop, tie a knot, and use a yarn needle to thread ends into project.
  4. Button it up, and enjoy your gift!
Hope you liked my project, and don't forget to say thanks to your dad!

Analise
On Pinterest-analisehogan
On Ravelry-analisehogan

No comments:

Post a Comment