Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Alpaca Farm!

Hey guys! This morning, I went to an amazing place...an alpaca farm! And naturally, I had to buy some alpaca yarn, so I did ;). I went to a farm called Alpacas d'Auxvasse, in Auxvasse, Missouri. Of course, I do not live in Missouri, but I am visiting relatives that share my interest in knitting and crocheting. It is a very small far, with only about 30 alpacas, but the owner has devoted her retired life to raising alpacas and spinning and dyeing their fiber. She also had a small yarn shop in her studio. She has many types of fiber, including blended yarns with the addition of merino wool and even bamboo to her alpaca fiber. I was on a limited budget ($22), and some of the yarn skeins cost upwards of $40! I eventually settled on a deep purple skein. The details:
  • 85% Alpaca, 15% Merino wool
  • 3-ply
  • 235 yards, 3.5 ounces
She also has 2 types of alpacas, Suri's and Huacaya's. The Suris have smooth hair, while the Huacayas have short kinky hair. My yarn had only Suri in it.

The alpaca was an absolutely amazing experience. Be warned though...it is out in the middle of nowhere! But if you are considering going, her website is here. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the yarn, but her website does not have a picture of my particular yarn, and I don't have my camera to upload a photo.

Analise
On Pinterest-analisehogan
On Ravelry-analisehogan
Shoot me an email at simplecrochets@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment